Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st> on 2004/11/05 23:46:35 UTC

Getting a return value from a cocoon:// source

(I just sent this to the user list but Tim suggested I send it here as well)

Hey all --

I have a situation where I have a generator calling a cocoon:// source,
and I would like to be able to return a value to the calling pipeline.
My current solution is for the called pipeline to put this value into
the returned xml, and I then have a transformer that just scans through
the xml looking for that particular element.  However, this is very slow
when there is a lot of xml returned.

I've tried setting things into the request context from the called
pipeline, but the caller can never read it.  Is there a trick to getting
the caller's request context in the called pipeline?

If all else fails, is ThreadLocal a possibility?

thanks,
-steve

Re: Getting a return value from a cocoon:// source

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Steven:

What about a Session Attribute? Is this a solution? Can you explain more
whta are you trying to do and maybe we can findanother solution. ;-)

Best regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Steve Krulewitz dijo: