Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Megan Bucks <me...@lucidworks.com> on 2014/02/20 22:35:57 UTC

FW: Request to use Apache Lucene/Solr in association with the next Lucene/Solr Revolution

I am writing to request approval of the use of Apache marks in support of Lucene/Solr Revolution.

*         ORGANIZER: Lucene/Solr Revolution is organized by LucidWorks.

*         DATE: The event is scheduled for November 11-14 in Washington DC

*         PMC INVOLVEMENT: LucidWorks has on its staff 9 Lucene and/or Solr committers who are actively involved in the planning of the event and educational program. The Lucene/Solr Revolution's educational program submissions are initially reviewed by a committee of both LucidWorks and non-employee committers.

*         MARKS REQUESTED: We are requesting approval for use of "Lucene" and "Solr."

*         ASF COMMUNITY PARTNER LISTING: The event obtains sponsorships from partner technology companies and implementation/educational companies. Additionally, media/publishing companies are listed when they provide an in-kind sponsorship of educational materials on site (ex: Manning books). All sponsors are listed on the sidebar of every page of lucenerevolution.org. The ASF would be listed on that sidebar as a community sponsor.

*         EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM SELECTION: The event has an open CFP process and all submissions are reviewed by a committee of the above-mentioned PMC members on the LucidWorks staff as well as other community members employed elsewhere (the committee typically consists of 6-8 individuals).  The committee reviews all submissions for relevance and strength and then recommends the submissions that are then included in a community voting review to determine the final set of presentations.

*         PROFIT/NON-PROFIT: The event is not for profit. LucidWorks hosts this event as an investment in and contribution to the continued vibrancy of the Lucene/Solr community and typically incurs a small loss from the event.

Thank you very much for your consideration, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like additional information. I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Meg

Megan Bucks | Marketing | LucidWorks
(415) 601-3632<tel:%28415%29%20601-3632> (mobile)
Megan.bucks@lucidworks.com<ma...@lucidworks.com>

Re: FW: Request to use Apache Lucene/Solr in association with the next Lucene/Solr Revolution

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Copying Megan this time.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Hi Megan: