Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2002/09/05 18:03:01 UTC

Checkstyle

I've just committed an optional Ant target to generate a Checkstyle
report over the FOP codebase. I didn't include the jar since this will
be something primarily for committers. You can get Checkstyle from
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net.

Just put the checkstyle-all-3.2.jar in the lib directory and call "build
checkstyle". This generates a textfile with the report. If you copy the
file contrib/checkstyle-noframes.xsl from checkstyle into FOPs root
directory you will also get a HTML formatted report.

We've got around 9100 violations with my current settings at the moment.
I've tried to match them as closely as possible to the current codebase.
Please review the settings and tell me if we should change anything. I'm
going to start fixing violations shortly. Any help is appreciated
especially with the javadocs.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Checkstyle

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 18:03, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I've just committed an optional Ant target to generate a Checkstyle
> report over the FOP codebase. I didn't include the jar since this will
> be something primarily for committers. You can get Checkstyle from
> http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net.

Thats great.

> Just put the checkstyle-all-3.2.jar in the lib directory and call "build
> checkstyle". This generates a textfile with the report. If you copy the
> file contrib/checkstyle-noframes.xsl from checkstyle into FOPs root
> directory you will also get a HTML formatted report.
>
> We've got around 9100 violations with my current settings at the moment.
> I've tried to match them as closely as possible to the current codebase.
> Please review the settings and tell me if we should change anything. I'm
> going to start fixing violations shortly. Any help is appreciated
> especially with the javadocs.

Thats a lot of violations. Need to gradually work through everything.

I just got basic link working (no need to worry about static areas,
offsets etc. etc. here) so I will try to update as I go.