Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Peter Knap <pk...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/12 06:41:14 UTC

Combiner question

Hi guys,

I started a small POC with crunch as a replacement for the current python implementation and I ran into a problem with using combiners. How would one specify a combiner which is different from the reducer? I know that's not a typical case but I want to have partial optimization on the map side and at the same time the output format from reducer is different than from the combiner so I need two distinct classes. From looking at the code I can't figure it out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Piotr

Re: Combiner question

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Piotr,

That's excellent, I'm so glad. I'll add a JIRA to add support for that
pattern to o.a.c.fn.CombinerFns.

Josh

Re: Combiner question

Posted by Peter Knap <pk...@yahoo.com>.