Posted to user@struts.apache.org by lewy87 <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/11 21:04:22 UTC

Struts 2.1.6 conversion problem with java.util.Date

Hello everybody,

i'm new here and I'm looking for help concerning my Struts2 conversion
problem.

Quick explanation:

I have "LectureAction" which implements ModelDriven<Lecture> interface and
has method to create particular lectures. in my bean Lecture I have fields
such like that:

	@Id
	@GeneratedValue
	private Integer id;
	private String title;
	private Date dateCreated; //created automatically in setter by assigning
new Date();
	private Date dateAvailable;
	@Lob
	private String content;
	private File file;

The problem I have is related to field "dateAvailable". I have
jquery.ui.datepicker on my JSP which show calendar and inserts into
s:textfield date in some format.
Unfortunetely, Java says:

ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "setDateAvailable" failed for object
edu.pjwstk.struts2.models.Lecture@1f920cf [java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
edu.pjwstk.struts2.models.Lecture.setDateAvailable([Ljava.lang.String;)]

So I wrote converter which converts String to Date and created properties
file.

But even with that, my conversion fails.

I tries to place field "Date dateAvailable" in my Action straight forward
but it also didn't help me :(

I dunno what's wrong.

Maybe someone had this problem?

Re: Struts 2.1.6 conversion problem with java.util.Date

Posted by Stefano Tranquillini <st...@gmail.com>.
U have to specify the tipe, if your field is a timestamp have to set
the annotation in this way:
    @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP)
    private Date datetime;

and then u can simply assign the value in this way:

setDatetime(new Date());

cheers

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 15:27, lewy87 <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For anyone looking for help related to this problem:
>
> Date must be in format "dd.mm.yyyy" and you don't even need additional field
> in action as well as converter class. Everything is mapped straight forward
> onto bean model.
>
> I don't know why, but it's compulsory in Struts2 framework.
> Quite weird, isn't it ?
>

> lewy87 wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> i'm new here and I'm looking for help concerning my Struts2 conversion
>> problem.
>>
>> Quick explanation:
>>
>> I have "LectureAction" which implements ModelDriven<Lecture> interface and
>> has method to create particular lectures. in my bean Lecture I have fields
>> such like that:
>>
>>       @Id
>>       @GeneratedValue
>>       private Integer id;
>>       private String title;
>>       private Date dateCreated; //created automatically in setter by assigning
>> new Date();
>>       private Date dateAvailable;
>>       @Lob
>>       private String content;
>>       private File file;
>>
>> The problem I have is related to field "dateAvailable". I have
>> jquery.ui.datepicker on my JSP which show calendar and inserts into
>> s:textfield date in some format.
>> Unfortunetely, Java says:
>>
>> ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "setDateAvailable" failed for object
>> edu.pjwstk.struts2.models.Lecture@1f920cf
>> [java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>> edu.pjwstk.struts2.models.Lecture.setDateAvailable([Ljava.lang.String;)]
>>
>> So I wrote converter which converts String to Date and created properties
>> file.
>>
>> But even with that, my conversion fails.
>>
>> I tries to place field "Date dateAvailable" in my Action straight forward
>> but it also didn't help me :(
>>
>> I dunno what's wrong.
>>
>> Maybe someone had this problem?

Stefano

Re: Struts 2.1.6 conversion problem with java.util.Date

Posted by lewy87 <le...@gmail.com>.
For anyone looking for help related to this problem:

Date must be in format "dd.mm.yyyy" and you don't even need additional field