Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/11/09 09:13:06 UTC

Re: Clarification about Jira version named "16.11.02"

Thanks Jacopo for detail,

I found some some issues that have Trunk as fix version, I think it should
be "Upcoming Release"

And if fixes backported to older release it should set as described by
Jacopo in this thread.

Please correct me if I am missing something :)

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 09/01/2018 à 14:55, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> Done, should we not remove R14 and R15 version?
>>

> This is a good question.
> In fact I have spent some time thinking about it and I propose to archive
> all the Jira versions for "release branches" that are:
> * "Release Branch 16.11": we will use instead 16.11.04 for the "Affects
> Version" field and the 16.11.05 for the "Fix Version" field
> * "Release Branch 15.12": we can simply archive it as Jacques suggested
> * "Release Branch 14.12": we can simply archive it as Jacques suggested
> * "Release Branch 13.07": we can simply archive it as Jacques suggested
> * "Trunk": this is a special one; I propose to archive it and use "Upcoming
> Branch" instead of it but rename it from "Upcoming Branch" to
> "Trunk/Upcoming Branch" (or similar)
>
> In this way we will have two simpler and less confusing groups of Jira
> versions:
> A) released (to be used for the "Affects Version" field):
> - "16.11.04"
> B) unreleased (to be used for the "Fix Version" field):
> - "16.11.05"
> - "Trunk/Upcoming Branch"
>
> When we will create the new branch we will rename it to xx.yy.01 and we
> will create a new version with the "Trunk/Upcoming Branch" name (exactly as
> we are doing with the "Upcoming Branch" version).
>
> Jacopo

Hi Jacopo,

That sounds good to me.  Should we not document the whole Jira process at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz ?

BTW I'll have a look at the "Updating related files" section

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Clarification about Jira version named "16.11.02"

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mmm, I'm not sure what I meant there :D http://markmail.org/message/3avgt6xopra3ieok

I can't find any "What's new" page or any warning about that anywhere or even the words "What's new"

I'd need to get back this day in history, not sure a tool like Confluence as the same agility than a version control tool (my favourite for this kind
of thing being svn)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Deepak, Jacopo,