Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ian Johnson <Ia...@hhgregg.com> on 2006/05/10 16:45:43 UTC

Positioning of the schedule component

Hello, long time listener first time caller.

I am trying to use the schedule component from the Sandbox1.1.3 snapshot
and it works fine. The only problem I am having is that I am trying to
render the schedule within a scrolling div. Because the way the
component is rendered on IE the table appears on top of the div instead
of inside it. When viewing the source of the genereated html the table
tag that contains the month class has a style attribute with
position:relative. This of course overrides anything I put in the
monthClass. If this was removed the schedule would render in the div
correctly.

This leads me to two questions

1.With the ability to define my own styles why would inline styles be
generated.
2.Does anyone have any idea what I can do to override this.

P.S. There is no problem with how it renders in firefox, just IE

Re: Positioning of the schedule component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
have you tried an important CSS style?

try:

.someClass {
position: static !important;
}

The thing that may cause issues is that 'static' is an IE position,
not a w3c position. The w3c equivalent is "normal", but of course
Microsoft doesn't care about us developers. Okay, without the soap
box, the "!important" should override any child settings by increasing
its score above any other style specified.

Haven't tested it, but should be worth a shot.