Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by Pono Takamori <po...@apache.org> on 2017/01/30 22:54:12 UTC

Changes to JIRA ServiceDesk

Greetings from Infra,
We recently began our upgrade path for modernizing JIRA and in the
process ServiceDesk was also upgraded.  Before this upgrade the use of
ServiceDesk was very straightforward for admins, but now we've
discovered that it has irrevocably changed the permission scheme for
ticket assignment.  Assignable users (for projects that use
ServiceDesk [0]) are not only definable by the project one user at a
time by a Project Administrator.
What this means for you is that you'll need to go to the Agents [1]
page for your project and add all users which should be assignable.
We apologize for the added work this upgrade caused, hopefully
Atlassian will tend to the issue [2].  Please let us know via e-mail
or Hipchat if you have any questions.

Thanks for your cooperation,
-Pono

[0] - The affected JIRA Projects are: ATLAS, CARBONDATA, INFRA, KYLIN,
OWC, RANGER AND SENSSOFT
[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/agent/INFRA/people
replacing INFRA with the key of your project
[2] - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-861

Re: Changes to JIRA ServiceDesk

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.
> On Jan 30, 2017, at 2:54 PM, Pono Takamori <po...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Greetings from Infra,
> We recently began our upgrade path for modernizing JIRA and in the
> process ServiceDesk was also upgraded.  Before this upgrade the use of
> ServiceDesk was very straightforward for admins, but now we've
> discovered that it has irrevocably changed the permission scheme for
> ticket assignment.

All, thanks for your patience with this problem. We have identified a potential solution for the problem of project admins not being able to add agents. We are discussing and testing internally at the moment and expect to have another update in a few hours.

-Chris
ASF Infra

Re: Changes to JIRA ServiceDesk

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
One more thing I noticed was, even though the comments are marked
"Internal", I could see it them without logging into JIRA. You can try this
JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1335

Also, is there an Apache JIRA to track this issue? I can add this comment
to it.

Thanks

Bosco

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.