Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2006/12/21 17:09:47 UTC

Barcode4J and Fop Trunk

(As you can see I'm currently checking the consistency of the
documentation before releasing)

On the Upgrading page [1] it is stated that "The new FOP extension for
Barcode4J will be available in January 2006". By quickly looking at the
Barcode4J I haven't found any relevant information about that extension.
What is its status? Should we simply replace 2006 with 2007 ;-) ?

Vincent

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/upgrading.html

Re: Barcode4J and Fop Trunk

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent Hennebert wrote:

> (As you can see I'm currently checking the consistency of the
> documentation before releasing)
>
> On the Upgrading page [1] it is stated that "The new FOP extension for
> Barcode4J will be available in January 2006". By quickly looking at the
> Barcode4J I haven't found any relevant information about that extension.
> What is its status? Should we simply replace 2006 with 2007 ;-) ?

Jeremias is the best person to answer this one, but the extension has
been written. I believe the code for it lives in the Barcode4J
respository. The JAR itself can be built from there, but I don't believe
Jeremias ever got round to doing an official release of it. When I
needed it he simply e-mailed it to me.

Chris

Re: Barcode4J and Fop Trunk

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Yes, of course.

On 22.12.2006 11:35:40 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 09:03:51PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I've been working on a DataMatrix implementation for Barcode4J lately
> > which is partly responsible for my lack of presence here. This work is
> > almost finished and I plan to do an alpha release of Barcode4J 2.0 in
> > the first week of January 2007. When I get this off my table I have more
> > time left for FOP again.
>
> Does that include the mentioned new FOP extension? If so, I will
> change the upgrade text to January 2007.
>
> Simon
>
> > On 21.12.2006 17:09:47 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> > > (As you can see I'm currently checking the consistency of the
> > > documentation before releasing)
> > >
> > > On the Upgrading page [1] it is stated that "The new FOP extension for
> > > Barcode4J will be available in January 2006". By quickly looking at the
> > > Barcode4J I haven't found any relevant information about that extension.
> > > What is its status? Should we simply replace 2006 with 2007 ;-) ?
> > >
> > > Vincent
> > >
> > > [1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/upgrading.html
>
> --
> Simon Pepping