Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/04/22 12:55:25 UTC

dfdl:checkConstraint inside dfdl:assert is equivalent is using dfdl:inputValueCalc plus fn:error() ... do you agree?

Hello DFDL community,

Below are two versions of a DFDL schema for parsing label:message

Both generate an empty output file when the input label is erroneous.

It appears to me that the two versions are semantically equivalent. Do you agree that they are semantically equivalent?

[cid:image003.png@01D4F8E9.1F389FA0]

Re: dfdl:checkConstraint inside dfdl:assert is equivalent is using dfdl:inputValueCalc plus fn:error() ... do you agree?