Posted to builds@apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/01 06:22:51 UTC

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Thanks for restarting, but the flex sdk builds are still failing. Are there folks actively trying to solve this or are you overloaded? There is talk on our dev list about giving up and using committer owned servers.
Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> wrote:

Hey Erik
I just restarted windows1, should be back online shortly and taking jobs

-Jake

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
The builds currently 'active' on windows1 seem to be stuck in the SCM
process, as they haven't progressed beyond that step for at least a day...

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
The least common denominator I have seen so far are that the jobs use
Ant as the build tool and doesn't get past the SCM update step.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
You select which nodes to run the component jobs on as part of configuring
the actual combinations that form the matrix (so you could for example pick
multiple node types, though we only specify Ubuntu), and in the past I dont
think there was an option to further restrict where the overall matrix
itself initiates, but digging through the options again currently there
certainly is now; I have updated that too to only use the Ubuntu nodes.

The mails following my message last night and looking at the actual jobs
since then do suggest it really was stuck though, not getting past the svn
update for the overall matrix (which I believe is really just used to list
the changes before queuing the first sub task to actually run on the Ubuntu
nodes).

Robbie

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Robbie,

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Jake,

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Erik

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Jake,

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Good news.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Erik

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Hi,

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Hi,

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Windows slaves (1 and 2) offline

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Flex-sdk_1 and flex-sdk_release fixed and started, looking through the
> other flex builds now
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/E-G/view/Flex/job/flex-sdk_1/60/
> https://builds.apache.org/view/E-G/view/Flex/job/flex-sdk_release/539/

While it looks like they are compiling I noticed this:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "f:\hudson\tools\java\latest-1.6-64\jre\bin\java.exe

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Alex
Currently the ticket for the flex builds, INFRA-7488, is assigned and being
worked on. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problem with the build
env, happy to do what I can to help and make the build more stable. We are
always looking for people interested in stepping up and helping.