Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/23 15:43:55 UTC

XLink Errors

What is the current status of linking in the Batik 1.5 beta?

I have the following anchor tag in my SVG document:

<a xlink:type="simple" xlink:actuate="onRequest"
   xlink:href="http://myserver.com">
<text x="40" y="40" style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 24pt;
   stroke: none; fill: black;">Title</text>
</a>

I have created a LinkActionListener which, amongst other things, outputs the
URI of the event to the command line like this:

  public void linkActivated(LinkActivationEvent evt) {
       String uri = evt.getReferencedURI();
       System.out.println(uri);
       // more code here . . .
  }

But what I get when I click on the above link is NOT "http://myserver.com" like
I would expect, but instead, it's the URI of the SVG file, like this:

URI=file://uspitfil03/users/farra/My Documents/mimiclink.svg

Is this an issue with Batik, my LinkListener, or am I not using XLinks
correctly?    All I want is to be able to determine (in java) the URL/URI of
the link once it is activated (ie-clicked on). Any thoughts or suggestions
would help!

Thanks,
jaaron