Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Wendy Kajiyama <wk...@hoike.net> on 2004/09/29 20:51:30 UTC

Unable to serve generated .xls files from website

The .xls files generate fine and when they're opened locally they're fine. But
I generate the files to a website so that they can be downloaded but IE doesn't
display the files. IE just hangs. I waited for as long as 5 minutes.

At first I used POI v. 1.5.1 and the problem occured half of the time. So I
upgraded to 2.5.1 thinking that it might have been fixed but it got worse.
Since I upgraded I can't seem to view any .xls files at all from the browser. I
checked the MIME types in IIS and .xls is included by default for all websites.

Version of IE: 6.0 SP1
Client OS: Win 2K Prof, Win 2K Server w/ SP3, Win 2K Server w/ SP4
Server OS: Win 2K Server

-wendy