Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dave Smith <da...@candata.com> on 2001/01/10 23:30:54 UTC

Installing cocoon 1.8

So close but so far away. I am running cocoon 1.8 with tomcat 3.2.1 and
apache using mod_jk.
I am able to access /cocoon/Cocoon.xml no problem but when I try to
access /cocoon/servlet/index.xml I just get the xml file displayed
without the XSLT processing.

My /cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml  looks like

<!DOCTYPE web-app
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>properties</param-name>
<param-value>WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

So what I'm I doing wrong?

Re: Installing cocoon 1.8

Posted by Hardip Singh <ha...@crossmedia.net>.
I encountered this same problem, try renaming the "servlet" directory to
"servlets", and when making the request change the "servlet" in the URL to
"servlets".  Not sure exactly why, but this worked for me.