Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/16 21:48:36 UTC

activating text-output plugin?

Hey everyone,

I've added text-output to my forrest.properties in the
project.required.plugins property. But how do I actually activate it?
Do I have to create/modify a local sitemap.xmap or something to
generate the text files?

TIA
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker

Re: activating text-output plugin?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm attaching a patch that enables text output using the
> disable-txt-link option. I couldn't find an icon for a text file in
> the images, and I didn't want to add one on my own, so right now I'm
> just using the PDF icon. This works with the tigris skin for now. If
> people like this, I can create patches for the rest of the skins as
> well.

Excellent, could you post the patch to the issue tracker. Rick Tessner
is currently working on the text-output plugin so I am sure he will be
pleased to see this patch - it may get lost on here.

Thanks for contributing :-))

Ross

Re: activating text-output plugin?

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

I'm attaching a patch that enables text output using the
disable-txt-link option. I couldn't find an icon for a text file in
the images, and I didn't want to add one on my own, so right now I'm
just using the PDF icon. This works with the tigris skin for now. If
people like this, I can create patches for the rest of the skins as
well.

Diwaker

PS: on a related note, should we not move all icons from GIF to PNG
what with all the hassles on the GIF license.

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:08:36 +0000, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>>
>>>I've added text-output to my forrest.properties in the
>>>project.required.plugins property. But how do I actually activate it?
>>
>>As a user that is all you have to do for released plugins. However, the
>>text-output plugin has not been "released" yet, this means Forrest
>>cannot authomatically install it for you.
>>
>>Since you have the text-output plugin you must be working with SVN so
>>you can deploy it locally so that Forrest knows what to do. Simply cd
>>into forrest/plugins directory then run
>>
>>ant local-deploy
>>
>>you will be asked for the name of the plugin, enter text-output
>>
>>You can veryify it is installed correctly with:
>>
>>cd text-output
>>forrest run
>>http://localhost:8888/index.txt
>

> I did both of those steps, and indeed inside the text-output
> directory, the text files are duly generated. The problem is that a
> forrest seed in *my* project directory (with the required plugins set
> to text-output) doesn't generate any text files. Sorry if I wasn't
> clear earlier.

I just tried it with no problem on one of my projects with no problem.

ensure that you have no spaces in your project.requried.plugins property

If you have no spaces then I need to know what is happening look in the
output of your forrest run for "Installing plugin: text-output" and copy
what follows to an email
  (copy up to the next "configure:plugin" entry)

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.