Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Neilh <ne...@biomonitors.com> on 2017/01/27 22:37:51 UTC

USB OTG FS & HS

I was just wondering if there is any visibility on USB OTG,. And
specifically for me its the CDC/ACM....

Some of the STM32F4 family has two OTGs builit in - and I believe its a
custom interface.
Similarly some of the KinetisK families (MK66 , MK26)  have two OTGs
built  - in this case FS and HS - and they are "standard interfaces"
with same connector.
USB OTG HS starts as FS and then I understand chirps up to HS.
Of course USB3 is also an evolving high bar act.
 From the point of view of low cost availability where the incremental
cost is the USB micro connector, +pwr switch, I believe the FS and HS
with basic API would at least define a skeleton on which features could
be developed.

So just throwing  out a few ? ? ?, in case someone has done any noodling
on it. :)

thanks

--
Neil Hancock

Re: USB OTG FS & HS

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
AFAIK, Fabio has started looking at USB stuff. But I don’t know if it’s to act as a host or as an endpoint?

> On Jan 27, 2017, at 2:37 PM, Neilh <ne...@biomonitors.com> wrote:
>
> I was just wondering if there is any visibility on USB OTG,. And specifically for me its the CDC/ACM....
>
> Some of the STM32F4 family has two OTGs builit in - and I believe its a custom interface.
> Similarly some of the KinetisK families (MK66 , MK26)  have two OTGs built  - in this case FS and HS - and they are "standard interfaces" with same connector.
> USB OTG HS starts as FS and then I understand chirps up to HS.

full-speed vs high-speed (USB spec names for these are just great, and not confusing
at all). AFAIK, software-wise it will not make a difference what speed the link runs at.

> Of course USB3 is also an evolving high bar act.
> From the point of view of low cost availability where the incremental cost is the USB micro connector, +pwr switch, I believe the FS and HS with basic API would at least define a skeleton on which features could be developed.
>
> So just throwing  out a few ? ? ?, in case someone has done any noodling on it. :)

USB is definitely needed.