Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2006/03/14 07:23:23 UTC

Commons Lang + Improved getLevenshtein() implementation

Back in October 2003, Chas submitted an improved implementation of the
getLevenshtein method in Jakarta Commons Lang's StringUtils class. By the
looks of the history, I then failed to apply it. My apologies for that.

Cedrik posted an issue reminding us of this fact, and finally we've
applied the patch, though we've used the version from
"http://www.merriampark.com/ldjava.htm" rather than the original email.
I presume it's the more up to date and I'm assuming that Chas is still
happy for us to use the code. Let me know if that's not the case, Chas.

Mostly though, I wanted to thank all three of you for your involvement.
Michael for the original implementation, Chas for the optimised one and
Cedrik for following up so well.

The code should go out in Commons Lang 2.2 at some point in the coming
months.

Thanks,

Hen

Re: Commons Lang + Improved getLevenshtein() implementation

Posted by Chas Emerick <ce...@snowtide.com>.
Henri,

Well, better late than never!  It's good of you to follow up -- I had
forgotten about that code a long time ago.  I've continued to use my
version since it didn't show up in commons after a month or so, and I
just never remembered to circle back about it.

Yes, by all means, use the code.

Thanks,

Chas Emerick
Founder, Snowtide Informatics Systems