Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by 严超 <ya...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 06:56:35 UTC

[Cassandra][SStableLoader Out of Heap Memory]

Hi, Everyone:
        I'm importing a CSV file into Cassandra using SStableLoader. And
I'm following the example here:
        https://github.com/yukim/cassandra-bulkload-example/
        When i try to run the sstableloader, it fails with OOM. I also
changed the sstableloader.sh script (that runs the java -cp ...BulkLoader )
to have more mem using -Xms and -Xmx args but still i keep hitting the same
issue.
Any hints/directions would be really helpful .

*Stack Trace : *
/usr/bin/sstableloader -v -d <internal-ip> /tmp/nitin_test/nitin_test_load/

Established connection to initial hosts
Opening sstables and calculating sections to stream
at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:144)
at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowIndexEntry$Serializer.
deserialize(RowIndexEntry.java:120)
at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.buildSummary(SSTableReader.
java:457)
at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableReader.openForBatch(SSTableReader.
java:170)
at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableLoader$1.
accept(SSTableLoader.java:112)
at java.io.File.list(File.java:1155)
at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableLoader.openSSTables(SSTableLoader.
java:73)
at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableLoader.stream(
SSTableLoader.java:155)
at org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader.main(BulkLoader.java:66)

*Best Regards!*

*Chao Yan--------------**My twitter:Andy Yan @yanchao727
<https://twitter.com/yanchao727>*

*My Weibo:http://weibo.com/herewearenow
<http://weibo.com/herewearenow>--------------*

Re: [Cassandra][SStableLoader Out of Heap Memory]

Posted by 严超 <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much. It worked.
Actually, these three files are needed:
*CompressionInfo.db, Index.db and Data.db.*

Posted by 严超 <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much.

Posted by Rory Douglas <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy