Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bocalinda <bo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/17 14:22:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Question regarding ErrorLog

I'm having 1 domain with different PHP applications seperated by context.
For example:

www.mydomain.com/calculator
www.mydomain.com/calendar

What I'm trying to do is seperate the logs per context, instead of having
one acces.log and error.log for all.

My first idea was to use conditional logging, although I soon realized the
ErrorLog doesn't have such a feature.
Then I thought piping the ErrorLog to an external program and to parse it
myself. Although, the problem is the errorlog doesn't have a "context" field
to filter on...thus no option either.

I was wondering whether there is any other solution you guys could
recommend.

The very very last option I would consider is registering a domain for each
application and having VirtualHosts. Although, this is something I would
like to avoid.

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] Question regarding ErrorLog

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

One Vhost per App and then reverse-proxy.

http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883