Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Gross <pa...@grosss.net> on 2003/10/14 06:16:19 UTC

Scripts across multiple platforms

I use my subversion repository from both windows and unix.  I already use
the property to have my files use the native line endings.  The problem is
that I use a bunch of python scripts.  On Unix, the first line has to be
#!/usr/local/bin/python, but on windows, its something like
#!/python23/python.exe.

So the general question is if there is a way to make subversion change the
contents of files based on operating system at checkout time?  Or more
specifically, is there a nice way to make it insert the correct script
header whenever I checkout/update?  Thanks.

Paul Gross
paul@grosss.net

Re: Scripts across multiple platforms

Posted by Paul Gross <pa...@grosss.net>.
But the python scripts are being run as a cgi with apache, which does rely
on the script header.  Apache uses the path in the header to find the
python interpreter.  If the path isn't correct, I get an Internal Server Error.

Posted by Greg Thomas <Gr...@TheThomasHome.co.uk>.
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:42:34 -0700, Brandon Ehle <az...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Paul Gross wrote:
>
> > I use my subversion repository from both windows and unix.  I already
> > use the property to have my files use the native line endings.  The
> > problem is that I use a bunch of python scripts.  On Unix, the first
> > line has to be #!/usr/local/bin/python, but on windows, its something
> > like #!/python23/python.exe.
> >
> You shouldn't need to do this.  Unless you are using cygwin on Windows,

Or the script is (e.g.) a CGI script run through Apache. Apache on
Win32 examines the first line of the script to determine the script
interpreter in a similar way UNIX that shells do.

Greg

Re: Scripts across multiple platforms

Posted by Brandon Ehle <az...@yahoo.com>.