Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marcos Ortega <ma...@santoandrea.com.br> on 2004/01/21 17:23:48 UTC

About Manipulating emails files

        I'm making some tests in james 2.2.0a15 in a windows 2k professional
and realize that messages wich are over 10 mb causes memory overflow; see
james' spool manager's log;

21/01/04 13:50:38 ERROR spoolmanager: Exception in processor <transport>
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
21/01/04 13:50:38 ERROR spoolmanager: An error occurred processing
Mail1074700206710-0 through transport
21/01/04 13:50:38 ERROR spoolmanager: Result was error

        All right, if there are some way to fix it , i'll very pleased; but
let me go to the point,  please correct me if i missundestood some;

        As spool manager "result was error", it stores the messages stream
at <james>\var\mail\error 2 files, here are them:

4D61696C313037343730303230363731302D30.Repository.FileObjectStore
4D61696C313037343730303230363731302D30.Repository.FileStreamStore

        At this point, I stop james server and cut/paste this files to some
user's inbox folder, and start james again; the user who i paste this files,
will normaly receve this large e-mail;

        1. Could this procedure  be used for deploying large incoming emails
manualy, even their are comming from an outside server ?
             - I tested the ziped files and their seans to be all right.

        2. Can we manipulate this set of files outside james, with SO i mean
?
            - What about others folders, there are some constraints to do
this kind of procedure
                  \var\mail\relay-denied, \var\mail\spam , \var\mail\spool,
\var\mail\address-error

        3. Are there some relationship between the mail id posted at
spoolmanage's log and the names of this set of files ?

         Fowards thanks;
     Marcos Ortega

RE: About Manipulating emails files

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> messages wich are over 10 mb causes memory overflow; see
> james' spool manager's log;

Increase the heap size for the JVM.

	--- Noel