Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by David Ortiz <dp...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/26 22:15:40 UTC

Output Sizing

Hello,

     Is there any way to control output sizing on the crunch pipeline's
write method?  I am processing data which is written to s3 for a program
which cannot handle more than 10-20 MB per file, and am at a loss for how
to do this without writing a hive script to process the data.

Thanks,
     David Ortiz

Re: Output Sizing

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Hrm-- maybe something like the AvroPathPerKeyTarget, and a DoFn that
divides the data up into enough keys so that the data associated with a
given key is always < 10MB?

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>