Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Erlichman, Zachary" <er...@canton.edu> on 2020/05/08 18:25:50 UTC

Radius auth with groups from ldap or open groups

Hello,

I was searching around and found this question touched on before, but I was wondering if its at all possible to auth with radius first and still get ldap groups. Or failing that, make it so a guacamole group is either "open" or the user would be automatically added to it even if they dont exist in the db. The thinking here is that the logins are already restricted to a security group on the radius side so anyone who can login should be a member of the group.

Thanks!

-Zach

Re: Radius auth with groups from ldap or open groups

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 2:26 PM Erlichman, Zachary <er...@canton.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I was searching around and found this question touched on before, but I
> was wondering if its at all possible to auth with radius first and still
> get ldap groups. Or failing that, make it so a guacamole group is either
> "open" or the user would be automatically added to it even if they dont
> exist in the db. The thinking here is that the logins are already
> restricted to a security group on the radius side so anyone who can login
> should be a member of the group.

Currently, no, but there is a feature request already entered for passing
information group information from RADIUS:

It just hasn't been implemented, yet.

-Nick