Posted to user@struts.apache.org by exnihilo <ex...@myrealbox.com> on 2004/02/20 21:02:46 UTC

non-default init-params and default ActionServlet

hi,

I have 2 init-params that I need to do pass into my struts app (that are
only used in a listener that gets called upon webapp startup and
shutdown). I did the obvious and included them in the web.xml, but it
seems that the default ActionServlet does not pick up any other
init-params than the ones it expects (if I read the javadocs correctly),
and that I need to subclass ActionServlet if I want to use other
init-params than the default ones.

Are there other options? It seems like overkill in this case, because
the default ActionServlet is totally sufficient for my needs in all
other regards. There is a probably a much better solution that I am not
finding.

Any ideas or pointers to more info?

thanks,

n.

Re: non-default init-params and default ActionServlet

Posted by exnihilo <ex...@myrealbox.com>.
That is exactly what I'm trying to do, but when I try
getInitParameterNames, I get an empty enumeration, and if I read the
javadocs correctly, it is because if I use a default ActionServlet, then
only the init-params mentioned in the javadocs are available, so my
custom init-params are not there. I'm using Tomcat 5.0.18, if that makes
a difference, and it's possible i'm doing something else wrong, but the
app seems to load fine, the contextlistener gets called, but when I try
to get the initparams within contextInitialized, I get only an empty
enumeration.

thanks,

n.

Posted by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com>.