Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthew Houston <co...@diplomacy.cc> on 2019/05/08 15:31:48 UTC

Incubator Proposal

Hello,

I’m not sure what the process is, but I’m interested in getting a project
considered for the incubator.

It’s my PhD thesis. It’s also a global peace plan.

Basically, it’s a translation system designed to cover at least Arabic,
Hebrew, and Greek.  I’ve got API hook-ins to various translation apps, and
I’m working on getting API keys for cross-language dictionaries.

The concept is “literal word-by-Word translation”. The results will be
multidimensional. The idea is that each linguistic concept will be broken
down to its core elements, then those elements matched with corresponding
elements in target languages.

At the end, the intention in the initial use case is to equate three
scriptures to Aramaic, and in so doing eliminate a large portion of Al
Qaida's ability to recruit.

I hope this is an appropriate forum. Obviously the system could be used for
much more than just this case, so I thought it might be a good fit at the
foundation.

Best regards,
Matthew Houston

Re: Incubator Proposal

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

A few points about the Apache Software Foundation and Incubation.

(1) Projects work best when they bring in both a small community of developers and a codebase.
(2) Projects learn the Apache Way of project governance which includes releasing under the Apache License.

Until you do have a community I would create your own open source project on GitHub or similar and start developing.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Incubator Proposal

Posted by Matthew Houston <co...@diplomacy.cc>.