Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Pavan Sudheendra <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/21 20:47:33 UTC

Exception thrown while running K-means clustering using Mahout

I was just trying to run K-means clustering using Mahout by following this
link <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/K-Means+Clustering>.
However,I downloaded quickstart-kmeans.sh as directed and i learnt i had to
run build-reuters.sh in examples/bin directory which downloads the Reuters
dataset and prepares it for clustering. But however i am stuck with this
exception whenever i run this build-reuters.sh file :
Screenshot<http://i56.tinypic.com/zkpy0k.png>

Please help me out . Thanks a lot .

Re: Exception thrown while running K-means clustering using Mahout

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Can you share the steps you ran?

On Oct 21, 2011, at 8:47 PM, Pavan Sudheendra wrote:

> I was just trying to run K-means clustering using Mahout by following this
> link <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/K-Means+Clustering>.
> However,I downloaded quickstart-kmeans.sh as directed and i learnt i had to
> run build-reuters.sh in examples/bin directory which downloads the Reuters
> dataset and prepares it for clustering. But however i am stuck with this
> exception whenever i run this build-reuters.sh file :
> Screenshot<http://i56.tinypic.com/zkpy0k.png>
>
> Please help me out . Thanks a lot .

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Fwd: Exception thrown while running K-means clustering using Mahout