Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alan Mehio <al...@googlemail.com> on 2012/10/11 21:55:21 UTC

Apache James 3.0-beta1 build using maven 3.0.4

I followed the instruction from the page
http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-build.html
Having looked at the re-usable test jar file in relation to the exception I
am getting, I have modified the parent pom.xml  for the jar plugin
 from :
                                     <plugin>
<version>2.3.1</version>
 </plugin>

                                 <plugin>
 <version>2.3.1</version>
<configuration>
<useDefaultManifestFile>true</useDefaultManifestFile>
 </configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
 <goals>
<goal>test-jar</goal>
</goals>
 </execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

The question is I am getting another exception which is related to creating
the jar file

ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.3.1:test-jar (default) on
project james-server: Error assembling JAR: Man
ifest file: ....\james-server-3.0-beta1\target\classes\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
does not exist. -> [Help 1

so for each module I have to create and empty manifest file

Does any body managed to build James 3.0-beta1

Regards,
Alan Mehio

Re: Apache James 3.0-beta1 build using maven 3.0.4

Posted by Alan Mehio <al...@googlemail.com>.
Eric,
Many thanks for your reply. Actually I am in the process of starting from
scratch now. I have manage to build james since my ast.jar was corrupted
and I manually download a one from maven repo. Now it is building without
any change but I need to start from eclipse using m2eclipse plugin but I am
still facing the var and config needs to setup on the two newly created
project as recommended from the site since they contain the database base
(derby connection )and other..
I will give it a try today and see what happens.

Cheers
Alan M

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Hi,