Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Amir Akhmedov <am...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/08 02:54:09 UTC

Re: IGNITE-3999 review

Hi Nikolay, Dmitry Pavlov,
Can you take a look at this PR or maybe you have an idea when it probably
can be reviewed?

Thanks,
Amir

Re: IGNITE-3999 review

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amir,

I've updated How To Contribute (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute )
section 'beginning work':

(OPTIONAL) It is recommended to clarify the relevance and correctness of
the ticket in the community before doing actual implementation. To do this,
you can write a letter to the dev.list <de...@ignite.apache.org> and wait
for answer.

This article has one note in 'tickets' section related to dev list:
"... unassigned
and unscheduled tickets after discussion on project's dev list. " ,- but it
is not so obivious that it is good practice.

I've used optional because some of contributors can be quite sure ticket is
actual, so I think it is not required to mandate everyone to start
discussion.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: IGNITE-3999 review