Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vincent Pérès <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 11:42:37 UTC

Create custom facets after building index

Hello,

I would like to create a custom facet for a 'rating_facets'.
The rates are like that : 1, 1.2, 5, 5.78 etc.
Is it possible to tell solr to create a 'custom' facet :
[0 to 0.99] is 0
[ 1 to 1.99] is 1
etc. (and get them back into xml results with number of results by value)
Or I have to specify this way on my schema.xml?

Thank you !
Vincent

Re: Create custom facets after building index

Posted by Vincent Pérès <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello !

Thank you it is working. I've done a query, and my facet query is :

"facet_queries":{
	"published_year_facet:[1999 TO 2005]":95,
	"rating_facet:[3 TO 3.99]":25,
	"rating_facet:[1 TO 1.99]":1},

Is it possible to 'group' kind of queries (published together, rating
together etc.) ? Or I have to match every query with regex ?

Thanks !

Re: Create custom facets after building index

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
You should use facet.query which gives the number of documents matching the
query. For example:

facet.query=rating:[0 TO 0.99]&facet.query=rating:[1 TO 1.99] etc.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Vincent Pérès <vi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a custom facet for a 'rating_facets'.
> The rates are like that : 1, 1.2, 5, 5.78 etc.
> Is it possible to tell solr to create a 'custom' facet :
> [0 to 0.99] is 0
> [ 1 to 1.99] is 1
> etc. (and get them back into xml results with number of results by value)
> Or I have to specify this way on my schema.xml?
>
> Thank you !
> Vincent

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.