Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/07/12 23:51:00 UTC

[VOTE] Synchronize Descriptor Parameters for Actions

The Validator Actions and the Database Actions both reference
a file with compatible information.  The Validator Actions
use the parameter "descriptor" and the Database Actions
use the parameter "form-descriptor".

I propose to make all the Validator and Database Actions
use one parameter name: "descriptor".  This will allow
using one parameter to reference the same file.  Currently,
we have to do something like this:

<map:match pattern="*-dept.html">
  <map:act set="process">

    <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="context://docs/department-form.xml"/>
    <map:parameter name="form-descriptor" value="context://docs/department-form.xml"/>

    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/confirm-dept.xsp"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/ipms.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:act>
  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/{1}-dept.xsp"/>
  <map:transform src="stylesheets/ipms.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

My proposal will allow us to merge them into one reference.

[VOTE]
Merge Parameters:    +1
In 2.0 AND 2.1:      +1

Re: [VOTE] Synchronize Descriptor Parameters for Actions

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 12.Jul.2001 -- 05:51 PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> The Validator Actions and the Database Actions both reference
> a file with compatible information.  The Validator Actions
> use the parameter "descriptor" and the Database Actions
> use the parameter "form-descriptor".
>
> I propose to make all the Validator and Database Actions
> use one parameter name: "descriptor".  This will allow
> using one parameter to reference the same file.  Currently,
> we have to do something like this:
>
> <map:match pattern="*-dept.html">
>   <map:act set="process">
>
>     <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="context://docs/department-form.xml"/>
>     <map:parameter name="form-descriptor" value="context://docs/department-form.xml"/>
>
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/confirm-dept.xsp"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/ipms.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>   </map:act>
>   <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/{1}-dept.xsp"/>
>   <map:transform src="stylesheets/ipms.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>

> My proposal will allow us to merge them into one reference.
>
> [VOTE]
> Merge Parameters:    +1
+1
> In 2.0 AND 2.1:      +1
+1

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

RE: [VOTE] Synchronize Descriptor Parameters for Actions

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Berin,

I don't have any problem with that. So count me as +0.5 :)

Vadim