Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jeremy Crosbie <je...@go2.com> on 2002/04/03 20:53:21 UTC

Problem with schema referencing older schema

Sorry for the subject line :)

I have a schema with a root element as follows:

<schema
    targetNamespace="http://www.go2.com/go2platform/v2.0"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    xmlns:go2platform="http://www.go2.com/go2platform/v2.0"
    xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
    elementFormDefault="qualified">

I receive an error when I have schema validation turned on:

[Error] xml.xsd:6:56: s4s-elt-schema-ns: The namespace of element 'schema'
must be from the schema namespace.

I get a similar error for every other schema element. When I set the entity
resolver to print the entities being resolved the last one I see is:

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/xml.xsd

When I look at that XSD I see it points to an old schema spec:

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema

I am admittedly a schema novice so I am quick to think I am doing something
wrong. Anyone have some ideas?

-jeremy