Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2008/05/28 09:16:41 UTC

[Server] Question on filters and server bug

Hi dev,

I have a question on filters.

This filter returns no entries, as no entry matches, that's ok:
(cn=*x*y*z*)

However when I escape the second, third and fourth asterisk the server
returns all entries containing an "cn" attribute:
(cn=*x\*y\*z\*) or (cn=*x\2Ay\2Az\2A)

Are those valid filters?

Independent, if they are valid or not, I think the server (I'm using
1.5.2) shouldn't return all enties. Should I raise a Jira? Or am I
totally wrong?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [Server] Question on filters and server bug

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi dev,
>
> I have a question on filters.
>
> This filter returns no entries, as no entry matches, that's ok:
> (cn=*x*y*z*)
>
> However when I escape the second, third and fourth asterisk the server
> returns all entries containing an "cn" attribute:
> (cn=*x\*y\*z\*) or (cn=*x\2Ay\2Az\2A)
>
> Are those valid filters?
>
> Independent, if they are valid or not, I think the server (I'm using
> 1.5.2) shouldn't return all enties. Should I raise a Jira? Or am I
> totally wrong?

I don't think you are wrong :)

Raise a JIRA !
> Kind Regards,