Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/27 09:51:16 UTC

[s1] Tiles 2 support situation

Hi all
As you may have noticed, I added recently Tiles 2 support to Struts 1.
Currently it relies on an unpublished snapshot of Tiles 2.
I thought that, simply because I was working in the trunk, it wasn't a
big issue, until we decide to begin to roll out a 1.4.0 version of
Struts.
But a JIRA issue:
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR-3017
unburied a big problem: no one can build Struts 1 in the trunk.
So what is the best thing to do?
1) move Struts 1- Tiles 2 to the sandbox
2) remove the tiles2 module from its parent pom, so at least Struts 1 compile.

Let me know your thoughts.
Antonio

Re: [s1] Tiles 2 support situation

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Both of these are temporary solutions. . .

Why not push another tiles release?  Aren't we at (or at least nearing)
another milestone anyways?

David