Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Srikanth B <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/11 04:30:36 UTC

Filtering search results

Hi

We are planning to use Solr in one of our projects.We are implementing
functionality where the user performs a search & further refines the search
results based on various parameters like location, age and other parameters.

For example, in dice.com, the visitor can search by some keyword and filter
further by Skill, Country, Province, City, Telecommute, Travel Required
(shown on the left pane on dice.com). We were wondering if there is some
built-in feature/functionality that can be used from Solr to implement this.
Can someone give us pointers to get started with this ?

Any suggestions/thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
Srikanth

Re: Filtering search results

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: For example, in dice.com, the visitor can search by some keyword and filter
: further by Skill, Country, Province, City, Telecommute, Travel Required
: (shown on the left pane on dice.com). We were wondering if there is some
: built-in feature/functionality that can be used from Solr to implement this.
: Can someone give us pointers to get started with this ?

"facet.field" and "fq" (filter query)

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters

-Hoss