Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Rene Rodriguez <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 16:38:25 UTC

IDE for Flex Dev

I am returning to Flex after a hiatus. Can you recommend IDEs, together with their pros and cons, that will suit enterprise app development?

Thanks in advance,
Rene

Re: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by Jim Powell <po...@gmail.com>.
I personally use multiple, depends on the project which I use.  FDT and
IntelliJ are my commercial while FlashDevelop is one I use when I want to
help out their efforts with a little real-time testing.  I could not really
give you a negative for any of them, they are all good IDE's, it is really
a matter of preference.

*Jim Powell, MSIST*
Schedule time on my calendar at http://meetme.so/jimpowell

[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/powelljf3> [image:
Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/powelljf3> [image:
LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=77116609> [image: Google
Plus] <https://plus.google.com/118350861201230142936> [image:
foursquare]<https://foursquare.com/user/435086> [image:
goodreads] <http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8945782-jim>
Contact me: [image: Google Talk] powelljf3@gmail.com [image: Google Talk]
powelljf3@frailmoon.com [image: MSN] powelljf3@hotmail.com [image: Y!
Messenger] powelljf3@yahoo.com [image: ICQ] 83121506 [image: Skype]powelljf3
[image: My QR VCard]
Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.
 Create your free signature:
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=33&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_33>
CLICK
HERE!<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=33&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_33>

Re: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Steps to configure IntelliJ to run/debug on an actual iOS device

Posted by Elena Geller <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok. I'll try to reproduce it a home and describe.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Elena Geller <el...@gmail.com>.
Yes. Though, i had a headache with swc library. It wasn't obvious.
Am 11.03.2013 08:19 schrieb "Alexander Doroshko" <

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

JetBrain has a very good online documentation and blog as well, you could
maybe start by
http://blogs.jetbrains.com/idea/2012/10/adobe-air-for-ios-in-intellij-idea-12-leda/

Thanks,
-Fred

Posted by Rene Rodriguez <gr...@gmail.com>.

AW: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
My favorite combination is
Flex + Maven + Flexmojos + IntelliJ
When using the Flexmojos code generators you get code generation in any Maven IDE :-)

Chris

in my company we still use fb 4.7 because of the convenience "data service"
generators

Re: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by Vincent Sotto <ds...@gmail.com>.

Re: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by hongdida <ho...@outlook.com>.
John Cunliffe wrote >

Re: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by John Cunliffe <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: IDE for Flex Dev

Posted by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com>.
My dev environment is simple Flash builder 4.7 pro (And Flash builder 4.6 in
case I ever want to use the design view) and Adobe scout.

I use firefox as my debug browser of choice, as I use chrome for normal
browsing as it doesn't pick up the debug flash player (uses pepper flash).
In firefox I change the following settings too:

dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs = -1
browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash = false

The profiler on the pro version of Flash builder is great for finding memory
leaks.

Flash builder is a memory hog though, I highly recommend the x64 build and
increasing the memory in the FlashBuilder.ini file. As with larger projects
I would regular get java heap error messages
http://mikecann.co.uk/programming/improve-flash-builder-performance-and-comp
ile-times-by-30/

I've seen loads of other Flex developers use Intelli J and Flash develop
though, but I've never found any reason to change from the Adobe tools?