Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Wil Yegelwel <wy...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/17 17:33:57 UTC

Order of URIs in CommandInfo protobuf

I'm curious whether there is an ordering assumption on the CommandInfo
protobuf or if the order does not matter. The comment in mesos.proto, "Any
URIs specified are fetched before executing the command" seems to imply
that ordering does not matter. I just wanted to confirm that was the case.

Thanks,
Wil

Re: Order of URIs in CommandInfo protobuf

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I also think parallelization of fetching is important for many use cases to
reduce the time it takes to launch a task. Can we make sure the it's still
possible to parallel downloads if you file a feature request?

Also, when a task is launched, all URIs should be already fetched into
sandbox, so I'm very interested how out-of-order could break your use case.

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: Order of URIs in CommandInfo protobuf

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Lacroix <rl...@apple.com>.

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.