Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by IT Systems Chemnitz <su...@its-chemnitz.de> on 2007/11/18 15:14:43 UTC

sa-learn and max. message size

Hi there,

I'm looking for an option to limit the file size, sa-learn is learning
from. I don't use spamd, so I cannot use spamc. When learning with
sa-learn, it accepts a file or a dir as source. The problem is, when
there is a message with a size about 3 or 4 MB, the bayes_toks DB grows
and grows and grows sometimes 10 or 20 MB, so older tokens are lost by
expire. Where can I tell sa-learn, that if a file or a file in a dir is
greater than x MB, that this file is passed without learning?

Greetz, Nico

Re: sa-learn and max. message size

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 18.11.07 15:14, IT Systems Chemnitz wrote:
> I'm looking for an option to limit the file size, sa-learn is learning
> from. I don't use spamd, so I cannot use spamc. When learning with
> sa-learn, it accepts a file or a dir as source. The problem is, when
> there is a message with a size about 3 or 4 MB, the bayes_toks DB grows
> and grows and grows sometimes 10 or 20 MB, so older tokens are lost by
> expire. Where can I tell sa-learn, that if a file or a file in a dir is
> greater than x MB, that this file is passed without learning?

I think that maximal size of message parsed by SA is hardcoded at 256K.
I think that applies for reporting as well as for checking
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.