Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gunjan <gu...@germinait.com> on 2011/04/12 09:22:59 UTC

Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Issue 1:
How does jmeter executes the Test plan for the following scenario below:
1. Create a test plan,suppose to login to the system.
2. Run the Test plan,the results are displayed in the listener.
3. Now suppose we change the Login password of the user in the script & save
the test plan.
4. Now run the script,it should fail the script in jmeter,but then the
script of jmeter does not fail,it does not give error.

Issue 2:
How is the working of the jmeter once the script is recorded & is their any
kind of caching which takes place?

Does jmeter consider the Login credentials also while running the
script,please reply looking forwardly eagerly.

Regards,
Gunjan

Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Posted by gunjan <gu...@germinait.com>.
Hi Garvita,
I was thinking that it was one of the issue so i have followed the below
steps:
1.Created a test plan.
2.Saved it,Added listener
3.Ran the test.
4.Then made the changes in the password,save the changes.
5.Clear the history,turn off the jmeter application agian.
6.Started it,but still it shows no change.

Please let me know were i m going wrong.

Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Posted by Garvita <ga...@tcs.com>.
Clear history from the browser and try to run.
Also you can apply response assertion and check whether login is correct or
not?.

Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Posted by gunjan <gu...@germinait.com>.
Hi garvita,

I applied the Response assertion ,in that i mentioned the expected
results,but then the response assertion failed.

On 12 April 2011 15:34, Garvita [via JMeter] <
ml-node+4297867-1363977248-149252@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Have you applied response assertion?
> What response are you getting?

Gunjan
Germinait Solutions Pvt Ltd
Email id:gunjan.patil@germinait.com

Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Posted by Garvita <ga...@tcs.com>.

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 04/12/2011 09:22 AM, gunjan wrote:
> Issue 1:
> How does jmeter executes the Test plan for the following scenario below:
> 1. Create a test plan,suppose to login to the system.
> 2. Run the Test plan,the results are displayed in the listener.
> 3. Now suppose we change the Login password of the user in the script & save
> the test plan.
> 4. Now run the script,it should fail the script in jmeter,but then the
> script of jmeter does not fail,it does not give error.

I'm sorry: Where are you changing any passwords?

If you're changing what is POSTed (or submitted via GET parameters) then
yes, the login should probably not work.

However, Jmeter will only report errors such as "404 Not Found". If an
application level login fails, Jmeter will probably continue downloading
pages such as "You need to log in before seeing this page" and tell you
that it was successful.

To make sure a login worked correctly, you need to add Assertions to
your Test Plan.

> Issue 2:
> How is the working of the jmeter once the script is recorded & is their any
> kind of caching which takes place?

Jmeter can do caching similar to your web browser. Just add a Cache
Manager to your Thread Group.

> Does jmeter consider the Login credentials also while running the
> script,please reply looking forwardly eagerly.

I don't understand the question. You Test Plan probably comprises the
visit of a Login page and the posting of some credentials
(Username/Password) that *will* be posted as recorded.

As for htpasswd protected sites, I'm not sure whether that is recorded.
In any case, you should be taking care of htpasswd authentication using
an HTTP Authorization Manager.

HTH,
Felix

Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 04/12/2011 10:46 AM, gunjan wrote:
> yes I'm changing the password POSTed (in the actual the password remains the
> same its only in the script that i have changed the password.
> Its not giving any errors
> Behaviour in the application on changing the password,gives the failure
> message.
> But in jmeter the scripts are running fine without any errors.

Weird. I have no idea, maybe you can find out for yourself (see below).

> Issue 2:
> please suggest some ways as in how do i understand what actions are taking
> place at the backend,once the script is recorded & made to run because there
> is no gui werein we exactly see a jmeter executing the scripts

This may be of help to you:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

HTH,
Felix

RE: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script

Posted by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com>.
Please see inline below.

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

yes I'm changing the password POSTed (in the actual the password remains
the
same its only in the script that i have changed the password.
Its not giving any errors
Behaviour in the application on changing the password,gives the failure
message.
But in jmeter the scripts are running fine without any errors.

details look into jmeter manual >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Issue 2:
please suggest some ways as in how do i understand what actions are
taking
place at the backend,once the script is recorded & made to run because
there
is no gui werein we exactly see a jmeter executing the scripts

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Have to added listener in you tests? Are you saving
execution results in JTL/CSV file if yes then the results can be played
offline after the test is complete >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

Re: Does jmeter consider Login credentials while running the script