Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/02/03 16:35:51 UTC

[VOTE] Java 1.4 compatibility for 'contrib' code

Vote:  Accept code requiring java 1.4 compatibility to the 'contrib'
package

[ ] +1 I am in favor of the proposal
[ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

-1 from a committer will effectively veto the proposal

The vote will be running until Fri Feb 10th 12:00 GMT

[VOTE][RESULT] Java 1.4 compatibility for 'contrib' code

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Motion has passed with four binding +1 and none against. As of now we
will be accepting code contributions requiring Java 1.4 compatibility
into the semi-official, unsupported 'contrib' package

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Java 1.4 compatibility for 'contrib' code

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
+1

We should put explicit comments about the Java 1.4 requirement in
the JavaDocs of the respective classes.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
This makes our job of maintaining java 1.2 compatibility for HttpClient
proper more difficult. I would vote -1 out of sheer stubbornness and
orthodoxy, if not for the spnego auth scheme contribution.

+1

Oleg

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
+1

+1 to Roland's suggestion about making the comments very explicit.

Mike

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 18:22 +0100, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> +1
>
> back from vacation

Welcome back. Was snow any good in France? I was snowboarding in Laax
Wednesday this week. Even though, the weather was great and snow
aplenty, the quality of snow left more to desire.

We should consider organizing an HttpClient snowboarding/skiing weekend
some day

Cheers,

Oleg

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.