Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jon yeargers <jo...@lupinesystems.net> on 2004/03/20 00:57:30 UTC

Wrong page appearing - problem with WEB.XML?

I enter a URL (EG http://server:8080/someServlet?param=value) but
instead of getting the servlet I get the 'default' or 'welcome' page
from the same site. The servlet in question doesn't have anything to do
with the page that is appearing. The servlet does work - why wouldn't it
appear when called? (sounds like my dog)

Re: Wrong page appearing - problem with WEB.XML?

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Jon,

My red car won't run. What's wrong with it?

Need:
OS
TC version
web.xml
context
etc

More is better when it comes to information. It is often very simple for
someone to spot the error. I can throw out a list of guesses but half, most
likely, won't even apply to your setup.

Doug