Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sam s <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/14 18:50:19 UTC

Efficient search on lucene mailing archives

Hi Folks,
Is there any place where I can do a better search on lucene mailing
archives?
I tried JGuru and looks like their search is paid.
Apache maintained archives lags efficient searching.
Thanks in advance,
s s

Re: Efficient search on lucene mailing archives

Posted by Justin Swanhart <gr...@gmail.com>.
you could just request all the messages from the list bot, then index
them with lucene :)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 14, 2004, at 4:27 PM, David Spencer wrote:

> sam s wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> Is there any place where I can do a better search on lucene mailing
>> archives?
>> I tried JGuru and looks like their search is paid.
>> Apache maintained archives lags efficient searching.
>
> Of course one of the ironies is, shouldn't we be able to use Lucene to
> search the mailing list archives and even apache.org?

Eyebrowse uses Lucene and is set up for the Apache e-mail lists:

	http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=30

It seems clunky to navigate though and would be nice to have more
recent e-mails ranked higher than older mails.

	Erik

Re: Efficient search on lucene mailing archives

Posted by David Spencer <da...@tropo.com>.