Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> on 2006/07/16 12:09:43 UTC

Add employees to the routing tasks.

Jacopo and others,

Could you please check my approach of solving the following problem:

i am currently working with a customer who is a telecom services oriented
company. When an order comes in, a number of activities needs to be started
when the order is approved. The product on the order is similar to a
configurable PC, however de hardware parts are not (yet) important but the
needed activities by certain departments are.

These departments need to be informed and be aware of it.

I had a close look how this can implememented. It looks like I can use the
manufacturing process, although the 'BOM' is not required, because there is
no material. I actually only need the routing and routing tasks and need to
add the possibility to define party roles. To the production process these
roles need to be added so they will appear in the calendar from Si's crmsfa
system.

So in essence i like to add the possibility to define employees who will do
the routing tasks.

Is this the way to go and is this acceptable to add to the manufacturing
process?

your feedback is highly appreciated.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: Add employees to the routing tasks.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hans,

The entities that you can use to store this kind of information could be:

a) WorkEffortSkillStandard - to describe the skills needed to perform a
'template' work effort
b) WorkEffortPartyAssignment - the actual parties assigned to a real
work effort (maybe cloned by a 'template' work effort)

I'd also consider to use the more general 'work effort' stuff instead of
the specialized 'production run' stuff (even if the entity used are
exactly the same).

Another option is to link the parties to the fixed asset (aka
workcenters); since each production run task (work effort) can be
associated (executed in) to a fixed asset the association could be:

task -- fixed asset -- parties

This could be interesting since if you go to the Workeffort's calendar
screens, you can see the production run tasks assigned to a given fixed
asset.

Hope this helps,

Jacopo

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am looking at a routing requirement, but looking at using the work effort.
The routing has to do with routing documents, Emails, Orders.

Hans Bakker sent the following on 7/16/2006 3:09 AM: