Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Jonasty <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 15:57:34 UTC

Apache camel monitor activemq

How do I do that?

Re: Apache camel monitor activemq

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
We have a bit more context from this request from the ActiveMQ mailing
list (double posted) and elsewhere on this list.  As far as I can
tell, they are merely trying to "monitor" (meaning log to a database)
all messages coming out of one queue.  That's why I asked if the
consumer is a camel route already.  If so, merely doing wiretap is a
quick and easy way to achieve what they were looking to do.  If they
are looking for a more comprehensive monitoring and statistics
approach, then no way would you want to inject that into all your
camel routes using the wiretap DSL.  But, if it's for one particular
queue and one particular route, sure.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Greg Autric <ga...@redhat.com>.
Hi Jonasty,

You can intercept all incomming message via :
http://camel.apache.org/intercept.html

You can trace camel route via
http://camel.apache.org/tracer.html

Last but not least, you can connect via JMX to route statistics bean to retrieve some counter.
The hawtio program can help you for real time stats.

ActiveMQ is coming also via some statistic features.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html

some good post :

http://blog.christianposta.com/activemq/hawtio-activemq/
http://bushorn.com/monitoring-camel-application/

Greg AUTRIC
JBoss Middleware Consultant

email   : gautric __at__ redhat __dot__ com
twitter : @gautric_io

Red Hat Global Services
Red Hat France SARL                sit: http://www.redhat.fr
Le Linea, 1 rue du General Leclerc, 92047 Paris La Défense Cedex
Sent from webmail