Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Tyler Worman <No...@Novaslp.Net> on 2002/01/22 22:42:05 UTC

Problem installing asp.. mldbm-sync and more...

Okay ive been having some problems with the install process..

I have windows XP as the server im running active perl, apache, mysql and
soon php

So anyway i load up ppm and set the repository to one i found on a site. I
installed all the packages i needed to be able todo the apache asp install.
"install apache::asp"

So anyway i get to the last package i need mldbm::sync
it says it finds a copy on the repository and so i goto install it and i
get..

Error installing package 'mldbm-sync': Could not locate a PPD file for
package mldbm-sync

So i went and downloaded the actual tar file untared it and now i ahve the
files inside what do i do with them? also the repository im usuing says it
has apache-asp too same problem so i downloaded the tar from the site too.
Unzipped it tryied todo the to run the make file from c:\asp where i untared
it also to. It runs but says i need mldbm. So if you could tell me a
repository of where i can find it that it works to use ppm from i would
appreciate it. I'm new to all the perl stuff. And i dont know how to use
cpan i couldn't get it to start for me. Else i was under the impression that
it works like ppm and will download and instll the software you need. If
anyone can help me i would appreciate it either a repository or just what i
do next with the mldbm-sync files.

        Thanks in advance,
            Tyler

Re: Problem installing asp.. mldbm-sync and more...

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Tyler Worman wrote:

> thanks for responding. I tried that distribution before thats why i set off
> to get it working from scratch that distro has everything i need except when
> i tried to start apache from it it said that it could not load the ssl or
> perl
> So i tried again now but i still get the same error. It is
>
> "Syntax error on line 203 of c:/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server (126) The Specified
> module cannot be found:

Did specifying the full path to the module help as Ruggero suggested?
On NT, I did not have to do this, since the path was set correctly relative
to the apache server root.

I remember when I installed it that I had to pay special attention to
the PATH environment variable being set so that perl & openssl libraries
got picked up correctly, did you do this?  XP kernel is based on NT, so I
imagine this would not be done in the config.ini, but in the system control panel
if XP has it still.  I would think it odd that the error would be
"cannot be found", if really a shared library could not be loaded,
but this might be it.

Failing further progress on this to help you, you might contact
the package maintainer directly, Randy.  He might know of issues
specific to XP.

Finally, whatever the solution is, be sure you post it here for
the benefit of all!

--Josh

Re: Problem installing asp.. mldbm-sync and more...

Posted by Tyler Worman <No...@Novaslp.Net>.
thanks for responding. I tried that distribution before thats why i set off
to get it working from scratch that distro has everything i need except when
i tried to start apache from it it said that it could not load the ssl or
perl
So i tried again now but i still get the same error. It is

"Syntax error on line 203 of c:/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server (126) The Specified
module cannot be found:

Not the errors or messages above and press esc to exit."

Thats exactly how ti looks i have the following dirs from teh binary distro

c:\apache
c:\openssl
c:\perl

The module open_ssl is in
C:\Apache\modules\mod_ssl.so

So i dunno why it can't find it.

I think remmed (er #'ed) out that line in the httpd.conf file.
Then i get an error on the next line ssame error just for the

Do i have to add add statements first to the config to get them to work? If
so which ones any help would be appreciative.

    Thanks,
      Tyler

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.