Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shimi Kiviti <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/11 21:30:06 UTC

CassandraDaemon deactivate doesn't shutdown Cassandra

I am running an Embedded Cassandra (0.8.7) and
calling CassandraDaemon.deactivate() after I write rows (at least 1),
doesn't shutdown Cassandra.
If I run only "reads" it does shutdown even without
calling CassandraDaemon.deactivate()

Anyone have any idea what can cause this problem?

Shimi

Re: CassandraDaemon deactivate doesn't shutdown Cassandra

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
What measure are you using to say Cassandra does not shut down ?

Can you get a thread dump to see what's still running ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton