Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2003/07/25 20:51:12 UTC

mod_rewrite.h cleanup?

It's somehow obvious, that I'm currently cleaning up the mod_rewrite code ;-)
Now I want to reorder the code in order to get a rid of most of the forward
declarations in mod_rewrite.h. In fact, I want to remove all the non-public
parts from the header file. (i.e. all, except the ap_register_mapfunc stuff),
so that other modules that include mod_rewrite.h (say, in order to register a
map function) find a clean file.

Are there any objections against?

nd

Re: mod_rewrite.h cleanup?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 03:53:55PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, André Malo wrote:
>
> > parts from the header file. (i.e. all, except the ap_register_mapfunc stuff),
> > so that other modules that include mod_rewrite.h (say, in order to register a
> > map function) find a clean file.
> >
> > Are there any objections against?

No objection!

> PLEEEASSE do this if you're so inclined... it's always a huge pita to
> modify mod_rewrite because you have to remember to modify the header file
> too, and no other module does that, so you end up getting stupid prototype
> mismatches and you keep having to go back and forth.

Actually, mod_dav.h has some "private" stuff for modules/dav/main/. It is a
bit different from mod_rewrite in that mod_rewrite is a single file, so
there isn't a whole lot of reason to put non-public stuff into its header.
But still... it wasn't entirely fair to say that mod_rewrite.h was the only
offender :-)

Splitting out a dav_private.h would be very nice...

Now where's that Round Tuit that I had...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: mod_rewrite.h cleanup?

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, André Malo wrote:

> parts from the header file. (i.e. all, except the ap_register_mapfunc stuff),
> so that other modules that include mod_rewrite.h (say, in order to register a
> map function) find a clean file.
>
> Are there any objections against?

PLEEEASSE do this if you're so inclined... it's always a huge pita to
modify mod_rewrite because you have to remember to modify the header file
too, and no other module does that, so you end up getting stupid prototype
mismatches and you keep having to go back and forth.

++1

Re: mod_rewrite.h cleanup?

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
André Malo wrote:

> It's somehow obvious, that I'm currently cleaning up the mod_rewrite code ;-)
> Now I want to reorder the code in order to get a rid of most of the forward
> declarations in mod_rewrite.h. In fact, I want to remove all the non-public
> parts from the header file. (i.e. all, except the ap_register_mapfunc stuff),
> so that other modules that include mod_rewrite.h (say, in order to register a
> map function) find a clean file.
>
> Are there any objections against?

Go for it. +1

Bill