Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Martin Klang <ma...@pingdynasty.com> on 2000/08/24 11:58:44 UTC

Re: Problems with Java extension under xalan - can't find the Java class to include

i've just come against the same problem.
using tomcat, it seems i have to put the extension classfiles in
tomcat/lib, so that they're in the servers initial classpath.
if i try to put them with the servlets or in
tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib they're not picked up... :<

also, i've had problems with packages - if i declare a class as part
of a package:
package com.city3k.util;
public class DateFormat
and then call it with something like
java:com.city3k.util.DateFormat.new
i get: Call to extension function failed: unable to load class

however, it works if i omit the package (in both java and xsl)
??

i've tried this with both xalan-j 1.2 and 1.1 on linux jdk1.2.2, though
i've not yet tried extensions in a standalone app.

regards,

/martin