Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/26 20:05:20 UTC

Should default.css include CSS reset?

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/

This might help with some of the issues about formatting being off in
IE but ok in functional browsers.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Should default.css include CSS reset?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me. Makes plain sense to me.

Kalle

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> -1 for me as well. ideally tapestry component's css wouldn't change
> the style of anything outside of that components containers.

That's ideally correct but practically CSS has hierarchy and cascading
so some rules may affect others and it happens more often then
desired.

So I guess a clear note on doc could be the "right" solution for this
kind of stuff but if it's known that a component cannot render
properly on a particular environment that should be addressed.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Should default.css include CSS reset?

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Well, we do need a solution to some common components (such as Errors)
not rendering properly in IE ... and I'd prefer to do something that
fixes that problem forever, rather than always having to wonder.
That's what a CSS reset does, but I can see the downside of it (a
mockup of a page, once converted to T5, might look different).

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
-1

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
+2 about being able to disable it all-together (rather than replacing with something else).

Dan Adams
Principal Software Engineer
iFactory, A Division of RDW Group, Inc.
Innovative, inspiring, intelligent interactive solutions
for the world’s leading institutions

Direct: 617.235.5857
www.ifactory.com
@iFactoryBoston

> This might help with some of the issues about formatting being off in
> IE but ok in functional browsers.

+1, as long as there's a symbole to remove or override it.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Should default.css include CSS reset?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.