Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Samuel Le Berrigaud <le...@essi.fr> on 2003/08/05 10:03:43 UTC

Re: Oracle BLOB

Hi folks,

I'm quite new at Torque, since April. I need to use BLOBs with an oracle
database, and I didn't success as with other datatypes. I read on the
list that I'm not alone in this case and that some developpers have
found a work around either by changing jdbc driver to a specific one or
changing templates to generate specific code.

Can one help me and be more precise on what to do ?

Any suggestion appreciated,

thanks,

SaM.

BTW I work with torque 3.0, my oracle is 8.1.7 and my jdbc driver is
jdbc-oracle816-jdk12

Re: Oracle BLOB

Posted by Bill Leng <wl...@metatomix.com>.
I used datadirect's jdbc driver and it works.

Samuel Le Berrigaud wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm quite new at Torque, since April. I need to use BLOBs with an oracle
> database, and I didn't success as with other datatypes. I read on the
> list that I'm not alone in this case and that some developpers have
> found a work around either by changing jdbc driver to a specific one or
> changing templates to generate specific code.
>
> Can one help me and be more precise on what to do ?
>
> Any suggestion appreciated,
>
> thanks,
>
> SaM.
>
> BTW I work with torque 3.0, my oracle is 8.1.7 and my jdbc driver is
> jdbc-oracle816-jdk12
>
> Pavel Kusch wrote:
>
>> Russell,
>>
>> Thank you very much - you are real life saver!
>>
>> With regards,
>>
>> Pavel Kusch

>>> 309.685.7900
>>> 309.264.2674