Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/29 18:41:55 UTC

Re: [BUG]: "REMOTE_USER environment variable not set on authenticated scripts" on Solaris 2.x

Mmm, I have some scripts that use "REMOTE_USER", but I'm not using
mod-auth-pg95.

I'll forward your mail to the developers list for further investigation.

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 ahall@xionics.com wrote:

> Submitter: ahall@xionics.com
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b6
> Extra Modules used: mod-auth-pg95
> URL exhibiting problem: http://www.waltham.harvard.net:800/QuickTicket/user.cgi?EXTN=0000
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> A CGI script in a username/password protected area of the web site does not pass REMOTE_USER as an environment variable as earlier versions of apache did.  This environment variable is used by some of my scripts to decide what to show the user.  When au
thenticating in the URL below, please use account '0000' and passwrd 'apass' (uses mod-auth-pg95 for authentication)

Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/